- The ScrewDriver - An electronic cigarette that simply works

HOME     SHOP     FAQ     MANUALS     FORUM<     GALLERY     ENQUIRIES     ABOUT     TRANSLATE

Go Back   ECigScrewdriver home of an E Smoking Icon > ScrewDriver Support > ScrewDriver Talk
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-20-2010, 12:46 AM
Administrator

Default Collecting Testimonials... please..

i would like to compile some e smoker user information.. the effectiveness of e smoking kind of stuff.. just some stories from longer term users..

thanks

trog
Old 01-20-2010, 02:17 PM
Atomizer Guru

Will this do:

I'm a 58 year old UK University Professor who had, until Feb 09, had smoked 20-30 a day for 43 years. I felt I was "pushing my luck" and a friend mentioned e-cigs to me. I researched the topic and decided to give it a try. I bought some DSE 901 kit from Totally Wicked and e-cigs.co.uk and stopped smoking the day I started using it. Since then I have switched to using the Screwdriver e-cigarette (I have both Mk 1 and Mk 2 versions). Soon I will be reaching my "one year smoke-free".

My colleagues and friends have been amazed by the change this has had on me - they even comment on how much healthier I look. Personally I feel great, I have more energy, I don't "get puffed" all the time like I used too, and my wife has noticed that my snoring problem has lessened.

As a result of my professional activities - I speak at numerous national and international conferences and as a result people see me using my "e-cig" - a lot of other academics and other colleagues in my field have been trying these devices out.
to sink your ship of fools
Old 01-20-2010, 03:53 PM

Having been a heavy smoker for 43 years, I jumped at the chance to try an electronic cigarette, thinking I could substitute vaping for some of the cigarettes I was smoking, I certainly didnt have giving up altogether in mind.

Three weeks after receiving my DSE 901 my daughter and I both stopped smoking, followed a month later by my husband and son.

It will be one year in March since I smoked.

We have, as a family gone on to use various ecigs since those early days, including the Screwdriver, Janty Stick and various battery mods.

Using this alternative took away any feeling of deprivation, in fact the choices in flavours and nicotine strengths, have helped me reduce my nicotine intake without any hardship whatsover.

I have not suffered as much as a cold since giving up, and my Blood Pressure is now back to a normal reading for the first time in 10 years.

Will that do?

Last edited by Cat; 01-20-2010 at 03:55 PM.
Old 01-20-2010, 04:04 PM

Default Capt12B's Testimonial

I am a Fire Fighter / Paramedic with 21 years on the job. I was a 2 pack a day smoker and was having chronic bronchitis issues and a healthy morning cough. As a paramedic, I well knew the effects that smoking was taking on my body, but was unwilling to quit. In Feb 09, a local new station brought my attention to the new e-cig. I was curious, but doubted the effectiveness of such a device. By April 09, I had my 1st e-cig device and found getting off cigarettes easier than I could have ever imagined. I had hoped that maybe I would be able to cut down on the smoking, but within a day or two I was off cigarettes and have never looked back. Now that I have been off the cigarettes, I no longer cough, smell of smoke, or have had any illnesses. This technology is life changing and I feel the word has to be spread to all smokers. I started off, as most do, with little devices that emulate smoking. I have now moved on to larger battery powered vaping devices and am currently eagerly awaiting the arrival of my new Gold 510 SD. Thanks to all who continue move this technology forward and assist those who wish to get away from cigarettes, but who want to continue vaping.
Old 01-20-2010, 04:48 PM

the SD has gotten me completely off cigarettes. The stink in my house is gone, my clothes no longer reek, and in fact I not actually avoid smokers and the smell disgusts me completely - so I guess I got my sense of smell back!

Some people tell me "how do you know that vapor is safe?" and I say, "even if it weren't, it's far more safer than cigarettes and their proven myriad health issues, and EVEN IF vaping was equally as harmful as cigarettes, I'd vape just for the fact that I can smoke anywhere, anytime, without bothering anyone, I can smell, I don't stink, and I have my full lung capacity back - well, what's left after smoking for 20 years "

The battery lasts a full solid day, I have tons of spares, my only gripes would be the button (I break them fairly often by dropping my SD, but self-repair is pretty simply as I've made a tool to unscrew the button) and that 901 atomizers last 15-20 days before they get weak. A much longer life atomizer would be nice, although I buy 901s in ten-packs so I'm never short of one. It's the enormous pile of used 901s that put out about 1/3rd normal vapor that I don't know what to do with that has me vexed. I actually prefer it when a 901 simply burns out and dies completely.
Old 01-20-2010, 04:56 PM
German moderator

I'm a 42 years old merchant and technician, smoked 23 years up to 50 medium and strong cigarettes a day and startet with two M402 and 4 Classics. It weren't health issues which made me change but financial issues.
The day I received my equipment I stopped smoking (because there were no money left for cigarettes ).

Two months after beginning I changed to SD's and I'm glad with them up to now. I'm missing nothing with vaping instead of smoking and experienced several health improvements. I also saved about 2K Euros...

Currently I'm using 510 (primary), classic, 901 and Greencig G300 with my SD's by using adaptors, if needed.

trog, more information needed?

Capt12B, welcome to the forum!

EDIT: Argh, forgotten to say "vaping since 11/20/2008"...

Last edited by kraut; 01-20-2010 at 04:58 PM. Reason: see above
Old 01-20-2010, 08:16 PM
Administrator

perfect.. just simple straight forward stories.. this dosnt have to be SD specific.. i would to like see a thousand or so similar smoking alternative stories..

thanks

trog
Old 01-20-2010, 08:23 PM
German moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by trog100 View Post
this dosnt have to be SD specific..
You postet it at ScrewDriver Talk - so it has to be SD specific...
Old 01-20-2010, 09:19 PM

I saw my first e-cig while searching the net Jan/Feb 2006 - it was a big chunky cigar type thing but they were just about to ban smoking indoors here in Scotland so it got my attention.

If i remember correctly it was around the $200 mark and that seemed a bit much to pay for something I knew nothing about.

I searched the net and all the other sites coming up were in chinese so I put the whole idea on the back burner and promptly forgot all about it

2008 someone posted a Q on ebay , I followed the thread and there were lots of positive comments so I decided to give it a go .

The new ones were emulating cigarettes and a lot slimmer than the first one I saw.

I was smoking about 40 a day and had no intention of stopping I just wanted to be able to sit indoors during the winter .

I saw threads about Trogs SD which he had not quite started to sell as yet .

Got a 901 - loved it and ordered more as I quickly (within the first few hours)found the poor wee battery could not feed my needs for very long.

Saw a picture of the SD and I was WooHoo I knew I had to have it

It took me quite some time to buy one, as every time they appeared on Ebay they sold out pdq.

Eventually I received my precious on the 8th Nov 2008.
It looked great it felt great and it did the job .

Stopped smoking cigarettes Dec 2008 and have been happily vaping away ever since.
Old 01-21-2010, 12:35 AM

I am 40 and smoked for 25 years. My 12 year old son asked his grandfather to help him get me an e-cig for my 40th birthday last April. He ordered something cheap and gave me an on the way certificate. I started looking into it and got a little scared and canceled the cheap one ordered. After much research I figured I would have a hard time doing any worse to my body than the cigs, so decided to try.

I went straight to the top and ordered an SD after much research. I played around with vaping it at work, but quickly enough I lost most of my craving for cigarettes. A good soul here helped me through a rough patch by lending me a spare SD when mine went on the fritz for weeks while mine traveled abroad for repair and home again. I ordered another brand one with the same power for a backup because it was cheaper and closer. It is in my drawer. I ordered another SD on Trog's Christmas special.

So I have my regular and a back up now. I haven't bought a pack of cigarettes in months and don't intend to. I still get a fair amount of grief at work running around with my new appendage, but I can taste and smell better now and don't have the smoker's cough in the morning either.

The only thing I am anxious to see is more choices in high quality, tested, quality controlled liquid with lower nicotine contents. Looking forward to TW's new US stuff coming. Trying some others suggested by the good folks here too.