- The ScrewDriver - An electronic cigarette that simply works

HOME     SHOP     FAQ     MANUALS     FORUM<     GALLERY     ENQUIRIES     ABOUT     TRANSLATE

Go Back   ECigScrewdriver home of an E Smoking Icon > ScrewDriver Support > ScrewDriver Talk
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-14-2009, 11:05 AM
Administrator

Default The repair mans secret...

a copy of an email i just send to a new customer..

"repair shop stuff.. have a guess at what part you think is at fault... take a known to be good (new) spare part.. swap it for the suspect part... its how we do it.. if we think its the switch end we try another switch end.. if we think its the atomizer end we try another atomizer end.. we do the same with atomizers and batteries.. we rapidly find out which part is the problem then repair or replace it... the repair shops magic advantage over normal folks.. they have plenty of spare parts at hand...

i am guessing you dont have any.. this is one of the main reasons we say get in spares before you need them.. they are invaluable in the problem solving procedure..

the SD has electrical connections.. the place where the atomizer screws in... the body main threads.. the spring inside the body and the end of the switch inside the body.. have a look at all these.. you could simply have two dead batteries.. two dead atomizers.. the possibilities for the device not to work are numerous..

for me to simply say send it back to us would be the norm.. but shipping to the world make this not a desirable option.. if i had the device in my hand i could find the problem in two minutes..

one simple test is the atomizer glow one.. take out the cart.. press the switch see if the heater coil glows.. hold the switch pressed for ten seconds.. the SD is a simple thing.. the problem will be a simple problem.. the switch is reliable.. it should not fail.. but then again the SD should not fail.. but sh-t happens and things that should not fail sometimes do..

if you decide to keep the SD and go with it... soon you will end up buying another one.. pretty much everyone does now.. they become very addicted to it and dont want to ever be without a working one..

the perfect answer to your problem.. get out your spare and send the other one back for a check out or fix.. as yet you dont have the spare but if you keep the SD you soon will have... he he..

get back to me...

trog"

or how to flog more SDs... or not.. as the case may be...
Old 05-14-2009, 12:48 PM

Probably me you sent that email to. I haven't checked my email yet. Pretending it was me with the problem. . . The atomizer glows. . but I cant get any vapor.

Is it possible I need to hold the button down longer? It takes a few Seconds before it even starts to get red.

To be 100% sure I know what I am looking at... It glows on the left side and on the right and there is an area in the Center that doesn't glow. Correct?

Last edited by trashling; 05-14-2009 at 12:52 PM.
Old 05-14-2009, 01:36 PM
Administrator

the fact it glows means everything is okay.. they all glow differently..

there is no liquid there if you cant get vapour.. put a few drops straight down into the atomizer end to repime the atomizer...

the button does need to be pressed for a few seconds..

trog
Old 05-14-2009, 01:53 PM

Maybe that is why- thought something was wrong... the day before I just pushed the button and took a "hit." There was no holding and waiting. Does the atomizer get dry? And that's why I need to prime it? I will contact you later for "spare" parts. . Thanks for being around in my hour of need! diane
Old 05-14-2009, 02:22 PM
German moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by trashling View Post
Does the atomizer get dry?
Yes, it does.
The liquid is used to make the vapor and is used up by that effect.
So you always have to hold your atomizer moist, but not really wet.
Normally it's the cart's job to do this...
Old 05-14-2009, 02:22 PM

Diane the atomizer can get dry.. this problem can a arise when the atomizer hasn't been given enough juice if the cartridge core is dry and there is no juice in the atomizer you need to reprime ..just take the cartridge out and drip some juice directly onto the atomizer hope this helps.
Old 05-15-2009, 03:48 PM

Default thread cleaning

Hello all,
I have a question, does anyone have an easy method for cleaning the threads that are inside the collar where the atomizer screws into the main body? The atomizer threads are easy to wipe,I can see them.Not so easy to get down to the threads they mate with.Thanks in advance...Chuck
Old 05-15-2009, 04:19 PM
Old Timer

either use a tissue that you fold and compress so it fits in the gap to absorb the juice, then wipe it all the way round, repeat 2-3 times with fresh tissue until clean, or you could also try blotting paper.
Old 05-15-2009, 04:46 PM

Default tissue

Thanks shadow,I tried a bit of paper towel around a paper clip but the towel just tears.What I really need is a felt tipped toothpick.I will try a folded tissue..Thanks again
Old 05-15-2009, 07:23 PM

Thumbs up mmm

I find cotton buds do the trick